‘Tis the Season for Year-End Giving
If you haven’t yet, now is the perfect time to become a Friend of Tennessee. If you make a donation by the end of the calendar year, you can deduct it from your 2012 taxes and help us to support the cultural economy of New Orleans!
We have currently achieved 65% of our yearly membership goal. Donate now and help us make it to 100% before the year is out.
Searching for a last-minute gift for the holiday season? Make a charitable donation in that special someone’s name to earn them membership perks like free Festival passes, opportunities to mingle with the literati at VIP events, Festival merchandise, and public recognition.
To gift a membership, follow these 4 easy steps:
1. Click the “Donate Now” button below
2. Choose the appropriate membership level
3. Fill out your name first
4. Click “This is a gift” and enter the recipient’s name and we’ll credit the membership donation to their name.
If you prefer to purchase a membership by phone, call our office at (504) 581-1144.
Below are just some of the ways your gift will help:
- $2,500 (Laureates) sponsors one literary panel or a theatrical event (pictured: Tennessee with the cast of The Glass Mendacity; Tennessee Williams courtesy of The Times-Picayune.)
- $1,000 (Conductor’s Circle) offers the seed funding for our young New Orleans collaborators such as the People Say Project and MelaNated Writers Collective to present events for our Literary Late Night program.
- $750 (Publishers) helps pay for travel and accommodation for one speaker to share their artistic wisdom in a Master Class session.
- $500 (Editors) shines the literal spotlight on a theatrical production by paying the behind-the-scenes production staff.
- $250 (Novelist) inspires a class of 40 high school students to improve their writing skills at one session of our writeNOW educational outreach via the instruction of a published young author.
- $150 (Journalists) helps provide the physical space and stage for our lively Drummer and Smoke music program.
- $75 (Bibliophiles) grants one panel pass scholarship to a young writer at the very start of his/her career, or in an MFA program.
- $25 (Students) ensures that tiny details — leafy mint for our juleps, postcards to get the word out about Festival events, refreshments for volunteers — fall into place so that the big picture comes off beautifully.
This year’s Festival will take place March 20-24, 2013 and promises to be better than ever, with appearances by Douglas Brinkley, Maureen Corrigan, Michael Cunningham, Danielle Evans, Dwight Garner, Silas House, Emily Mann, Ayana Mathis, Don Murray, Marsha Norman, Leonard Pitts, John Shelton Reed, Nathaniel Rich, John Patrick Shanley, Amy Stolls, John Jeremiah Sullivan, Zachary Lazar, and many more.
Joining or renewing as a Friend of Tennessee is easy and secure:
- Join online.
- Join by phone. Call 504-581-1144 to speak with a staff member
- JUST ADDED! Don’t see a level at which you’d like to give? Donations of any amount are appreciated. Make a one-time gift or a monthly gift, whatever fits your budget. If you’d like to set up an automatic monthly donation, please call our office. We’ll be happy to set it up!
Thank you for being a Friend of Tennessee, and happy holidays!