Theatre Theatre Theatre!
Each year, the Festival presents theatrical works to compliment our literary, music and food events. In 2014, we will feature more theatre than ever!
* At Le Petit Theatre, we present in conjunction with The NOLA Project, “Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.” You have seven chances to catch this Tennessee Williams classic. This is the first time in over a decade that the Festival will be presenting this work and we encourage you to to see this sultry, raw and uninhibited production.
* Also at Le Petit Theatre, don’t miss “Vivien,” the one woman show about legendary star, Vivien Leigh, starring actress Judith Chapman. Only two shows! Get tickets here for a journey into the triumph and madness of the star of A Streetcar Named Desire.
* Jeremy Lawrence performs “En Avant! Tennessee Williams in His Own Words.” Only one chance to catch this Festival favorite as he brings to life Tennessee’s greatest joys and passions. In Williams’ own words to, “make voyages, attempt them, there is nothing else.”
* “The Place That I Was Made For” recalls Tennessee Williams’ love affair for New Orleans and is hosted by Thomas Keith. Only one showing at Le Petit Theatre! Join Diane Ladd, Janey Daley Duval, David Hoover, Bryan Batt, Hilton Als, Dorothy Allison and Justin Torres as they share some of the most sparking, striking and side-splitting stories and observations about the Festival’s namesake playwright.
* “The Hotel Plays” offer five opportunities for audiences to attend a rare Tennessee Williams work at the historic Hermann-Grima House. This Provincetown Tennessee Williams Theater Festival will showcase three short plays by Williams, including “Green Eyes,” “Mr Paradise,” and “The Traveling Companion.”
* Playwright Charlene Donaghy has written a 90-minute play inspired by Tennessee Williams’ short story entitled, “Gift of an Orange.” Only five shows being performed at the Hermann-Grima House, and produced by The Provincetown Tennessee Williams Theater Festival.
*Our Festival will also present a staged reading of the winning play from our One Act Play Competition as well as a production of last year’s winner, “Father,” by Frederick Mensch at the Hotel Montleone.
With so many lovely options, we look forward to seeing many of you out and about! For more information about these productions, please click here.