2016-17 Fiction Contest
Questions? Email us at email@example.com
Judge: Dorothy Allison (click here for website)
- Domestic airfare (up to $500) and French Quarter accommodations to attend the Festival in New Orleans
- VIP All-Access Festival pass for the next Festival ($600 value)
- Public reading at a literary panel at the next Festival
- Publication in Louisiana Literature
The top nine finalists will receive a panel pass ($75 value) to the Festival. Their names will be published on this site.
- This contest is open only to writers who have not yet published a book of fiction. Published books include self-published books with ISBN numbers. Those who have published books in other genres besides fiction remain eligible.
- Only previously unpublished stories will be accepted.
- Stories submitted to this contest in previous years that did not place are eligible.
- Stories that have won and/or placed in any other writing contest are ineligible.
- A submission is one original short story, written in English, up to 7,000 words.
- The author’s name should not appear on the manuscript.
- Submissions must be typed; pages must be numbered and double-spaced.
- Please use standard fonts such as Times New Roman, Arial, or Georgia in 12 point font size.
- Simultaneous submissions accepted; please notify the Festival if your story is accepted elsewhere.
- Unlimited entries per person. Simultaneous submissions accepted. Please notify the Festival if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- Please take the judges of the contest into consideration. If you know the judges personally, or have ever attended classes or workshops they instructed, please use manuscripts that the judges would not have seen before.
Entry Fee: $25
Contest Deadline: November 30, 2016
Announcement: The winner and finalists will be announced by late February of 2017.
Online Entry: Online submissions are preferred and must be in .doc,. docx, .rtf, or PDF formats. We accept entries via Submittable.
Mail Entry: Send your manuscript and check or money order for $25 (made out to the: Tennessee Williams Literary Festival) to:
Tennessee Williams/New Orleans Literary Festival
938 Lafayette Street, Suite 514
New Orleans, LA 70113
Do not send submissions by certified mail or signature required delivery.
Manuscripts will not be returned. Please do not send return envelopes with postage.